The Cedar Key Area Chamber of Commerce promotes and encourages good business economic growth by sponsoring, organizing, and participating in events that showcase local businesses and our community, and by use of marketing platforms, such as Social Media, Internet Advertising, a partnership with Visit Florida, Civic and Member Fundraisers, and our Welcome Center. We represent a large number of the area's businesses from home-based businesses to larger enterprises. We continue to look for new opportunities to help our members prosper!
Chamber Membership offers area businesses a chance to network with their peers and to give back to the community. But, that's not all!
As a Chamber member, your business will benefit in many ways! With membership, you receive:
- A listing on our website, currently receiving an average of 15,000 visitors per month.
- A listing in our Visitor's Guide to Everything found in our Welcome Center, handed out to thousands of visitors a year, not including those during Festival months.
- Free use of our Member's Resource Center, located in the Welcome Center, where you will find common office equipment available for your use, and assistance with copying, faxing, or scanning.
- Automatic subscription of our monthly newsletter, Chamber News, emailed or mailed out in the beginning of the month.
- 1 automatic feature on you or your business, published on our Tumblr page.
- Automatic display of your brochures, flyers, sales, or a physical display (ie. a potter may want to display a piece of work, not necessarily a brochure - either option is available with membership) in our Welcome Center, currently seeing about 250 people per month during the slower season, and 1000 per month during the busier months.
The Board of Directors meet the third Thursday of the month. If you wish to be on the agenda, contact staff at 352-543-5600. General membership meetings that are open to all members are confirmed in the monthly newsletter. Each month in the newsletter, the upcoming Board Meeting dates and times are announced, as well as whether the meeting is open or closed. Please email the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
President: Bill Heckler, Marina Hardware, email@example.com
Vice President: George Oakley, the Gulf Kart Company, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Caryn Stephenson, Pelican Realty, email@example.com
Treasurer: Debi LaGron, Capital City Bank firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Daniel Smith, Cedar Key Paddling, email@example.com
Director: Connie O'Dell, Tidewater Tours firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Bruce Wilson, Sunset Isle, Past –President CKCOC, email@example.com
General Manager: Leslie Valen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff: Debbie Smith
Hours of Business are TH - M 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
450 Second Street
Cedar Key, FL 32625
Awards given for 2013:
2013 Certificate of Appreciation - Cedar Key Pirates in Paradise for developing the first Pirate Weekend
2013 Community Excellence Award - Carl and Eve Robinson (Robinson Seafood)
2013 Granite Award - Doreen and Oliver Bauer (Faraway Inn)
2013 New Business of the Year - Beth Davis (The Salty Needle)
2013 Community Service Award - Andrea and Scott Dennison for 5 Years of Dedication in Coordinating our Christmas Festivities
View/Print listing of current Chamber Members
Events & Activities
The Chamber sponsors and supports a number of events throughout the year, including the Old Florida Celebration of the Arts, the annual Chamber Auction held on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, the Seafood Festival held every October, and the Cedar Key Christmas Celebration held between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The festivals and community events always draw a large crowd of locals and visitors to Cedar Key to enjoy our fresh seafood, artistic creations, and beautiful community.
© Bill Kilborn
© Rose Valle
© Bill Kilborn
© Bill Kilborn